On This Page Show
Twinblades are one of the coolest weapons in Elden Ring. These weapons are deadly and can damage multiple enemies, though they are tricky to use.
There are about 6 Twinblades in the game and one of the most OP ones so far is the Godskin Peeler. The Godskin Peeler, unlike all the other dual-wield weapons in Elden Ring, looks like a scythe on one end.
It requires a lot of skill to use due to its unique structure, but when perfected, the weapon can peel off the skins of any god in the Lands Between.
Many players have even used this weapon to shred the Elden Beast and Radagon in a matter of seconds! This guide tells you everything you need to know about the Godskin Peeler in Elden Ring, from where you can get it, what it does, to what builds are perfect for it.
Elden Ring Godskin Peeler Stats
The Godskin Peeler features two different blades – a sickle and a drill-like knife. The design is pretty disturbing as it comes from the apostles that once worked for Destined Death, also known as the Godskin Apostle.
Judging from their name and Grim Reaper-like appearance you can tell that these creatures enjoy peeling the skins of gods and fashioning them as robes. Before they were defeated by Maliketh, the Black Blade, the apostles used to be powerful wielders of the black flame.
Today, they wield the Godskin Peeler to slay gods and murder those who try to stop them.
This weapon is perfect for melee users and utilizes the Black Flame Tornado skill for 30 FP. When this skill is used, the weapon summons a deadly whirlwind of black flames.
Because of the Godskin Peeler’s nature and power, the weapon is meant to fight gods and demigods. Like any other Twinblade, the Godskin Peeler can be buffed, upgraded, and infused with Ashes of War.
Godskin Peeler Attack Stats
Godskin Peeler Defence Stats
Godskin Peeler Attributes
Godskin Peeler Location
To get the Godskin Peeler, you must defeat the Godskin Apostle boss. You can find them in multiple locations, but the one that drops this weapon is at Windmill Village in the Altus Plateau. The area can be accessed in two different ways: by killing Magma Wyrm Makar in Ruin-Strewn Precipice or activating the Great Lift of Dectus.
To find and defeat Magma Wyrm Makar, go to the Ravine-Vailed Village located in North Liurnia and climb up the ladders that lead to the miner’s cave. Take the lift inside and run straight through the cave until you get to the Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
There’s another lift that takes you to a higher platform, use it and keep climbing up multiple stairs and ladders. Once you hear a bat lady singing, that’s when you know you’re close to the boss. Behind her is a lift that will take you to Magma Wyrm Makar’s den. After defeating Makar, there is another lift on the other side of the boss area that takes you to the Altus Plateau.
The alternative route is easier and is the main way to get to the plateau, so our guide on getting to the Windmill Village begins once you have activated the Great Lift of Dectus. To unlock the lift, you’ll need two medallions, one of which can be found at Forth Faroth in Caelid and the other at Forth Haight in Limgrave.
Once you’ve found them, you can proceed to the Tower of Dectus. But first, you need to have access to Raya Lucaria Academy in Liurnia. Once you have both the medallions and unlocked this legacy dungeon in Elden Ring, you can continue reading this guide.
Here is the easiest way to get the Godskin Peeler:
- From the site of grace in the Main Academy Gate, interact with the blue seal on the bridge facing north.
- After being teleported, take the road that goes straight and it will lead you to the Tower of Dectus. Of course, there’ll be enemies on the way.
- Enter the Tower of Dectus and activate the site of grace on the right side before heading towards the statues. From here, stand on the circle between them.
- Hoist the medallions and the lift will take you to the Altus Plateau.
- From the Forest-Spanning Greatbridge, head north and jump down across multiple platforms on your horse until you reach a forest.
- Keep traveling north through the forest and soon you’ll see windmills through the fog.
- There is an entrance straight ahead that leads you to Dominula, Windmill Village.
- Activate the site of grace on the left and run up the stone steps filled with dancing women.
- On the top of the stairs, the Godskin Apostle is there in front of the windmill waiting to attack you.
- To defeat the Godskin Apostle, you can fight it on your own or use a spirit summoned to distract it. Be aware that this boss is quick and can stretch out its body to attack you even when you’re far away. While you heal, the apostle will throw black flame spells at you. However, you can stagger them quickly by going aggro or using Bleed weapons. If you want to cheese the Apostle, you can simply put it to sleep.
- Once you have defeated the Godskin Apostle, you’ll be rewarded the Godskin Peeler, the Scouring Black Flame Incantation, and 14,000 Runes.
Godskin Peeler Best Builds
Like I said, this weapon is too OP. If you’re wondering why it might be better than other Twinblades, the Godskin Peeler uses thrust attacks which a lot of enemies are weak to. When powerstanced with a Bloody Slash the jump attacks deal more damage.
If you want to wield it in its ultimate power, then you must have these builds:
- Blood Build
- Frost Build
- Melee Build
- Godslayer Build.
That’s all we know so far about the Godskin Peeler. If you enjoyed this weapon, you can add it to your build and use it in your next journey.
You won’t need to summon spirits or other players in boss fights after getting this weapon. It truly is a fun weapon to use especially when dual-wielded, or when you’re using the Black Flame Tornado skill.
If you want to find more cool weapons and equipment in Elden Ring, we have many other useful guides you can check out down below!